UK: SABMiller in share offer for Peru's Backus
SABMiller has tabled an offer to buy 100% of the investment shares in Peru's largest brewer Backus & Johnston.
The London-based brewing giant yesterday (17 March) said the PEN2.47 a share offer priced the bid at US$400m. The offer will remain open for 10 days, SABMiller added.
Last July, SABMiller bought a controlling stake in Backus as part of its acquisition of Colombia's Bavaria, Latin America's second-largest brewer.
An SABMiller spokesman told just-drinks that the brewer had offered a "very fair price" for the shares.
He added: "This is part of the process that we're engaged in right across the Bavaria group to begin buying interests and to tidy up the group's corporate structure."
He said SABMiller would be making a similar move for minority interests in a brewery in Ecuador acquired as part of the Bavaria deal but declined to say when the company would table a bid.
Having recorded a third consecutive year of volume, margin and earnings growth, global brewing force, SAB Miller, was in a position to give shareholders a 27% dividend increase and eye the acquisition...
The Corporación Financiera Internacional (IFC), an investment arm of the World Bank, has acquired a stake in Empresarial Bavaria....
The CEO of SABMiller has hailed the brewer's full-year figures as "very pleasing" today (19 May)....
SABMiller has seen its share rating upgraded....
SABMiller has agreed to acquire the Slovakian brewer Topvar. Topvar is located in the city of Topoľčany in Western Slovakia and sold 569,000 hectolitres of beer in 2004....
SABMiller has had its share recommendation upped....
AmBev Peru is to launch a new beer in the market that will bring competition to a market so far dominated by the monopoly of Union de Cervecerias Peruanas Backus & Johnston SAA, or Backus....
Heineken has its eyes on possible acquisitions in Latin America, according to the company's CEO....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report