GLOBAL: SABMiller hires global brand director for Grolsch
The company said today (19 March) that Ronald van Amerongen will join the group marketing team following the brewer's completion of its acquisition of Royal Grolsch last month.
Van Amerongen, who was previously Grolsch director for global marketing, responsible for the growth of the brand in its domestic and international markets, will report to SABMiller's group marketing director Nick Fell in his new role.
Fell said: "Grolsch will provide SABMiller with a powerful addition to its international portfolio, and Ronald brings with him experience and understanding of the Grolsch brand. I look forward to working with Ronald to write the next chapter in this great brand's history."
In the past, van Amerongen has worked for "Friesland foods as marketing director for the juices and still drinks business and as international marketing manager for the enhanced nutrition business," the company added.
The hardships facing the Zimbabwean population have become a regular and depressing feature of our news. Clemence Manyukwe reports from Harare on the particular problems that the country's sustained e...
Describing itself as a powerhouse in the Australian FMCG sector, Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) is certainly an iconic figure in the Australian drinks industry....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
SABMiller has created two new group marketing positions, focusing on its international beer brands....
MillerCoors, the brewer formed by Coors and SABMiller, is being sued by public health campaigners over a its caffeinated alcoholic drink, Sparks....
SABMiller is set to bring its Dreher Premium Lager brand to the South African market....
SABMiller has confirmed a change of managing director at its Miller Brands unit in the UK....
Rising consumer interest in speciality beers and a fresh round of industry consolidation have given brewers in the US reasons to be optimistic, a report says....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages