UK: SABMiller hands permanent role to communications director
Mills joined SABMiller in February
SABMiller has given a permanent post to its director of group communications and reputation after a four-month interim stint.
Christina Mills, who joined SABMiller in February, will continue to oversee media duties and corporate reputation monitoring, the UK-based group said this week. She replaces Nigel Fairbrass, who left the company in February to "pursue other opportunities", a SABMiller spokesperson told just-drinks today (16 July).
Mills previously worked for Rio Tinto in markets including China, India and various African nations, as well as Australia, South Africa, the UK, the US and Japan.
SABMiller this month said it was aiming to halve its carbon footprint at all its global breweries by 2020 as part of new sustainability targets.
Finding a way to get the people of Latin America to drink more beer is the latest challenge for SABMiller....
SABMiller is to install Domenic De Lorenzo as its permanent CFO five months after Jamie Wilson resigned from the post....
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Global Travel Retail - What is the Grey Market?
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne