UK: SABMiller gives push to Kozel with new logo
Click through to view an image of the new glassware
SABMiller's UK unit is giving a new look to Kozel as part of a wider push for the Czech lager brand in the on-trade.
A new logo featuring Kozel's “iconic” goat will appear on founts, pumpclips and glassware in UK pubs and bars starting this month, Miller Brands said today (12 November). The move is part of a larger on-trade drive for the 4% abv beer, with various sampling initiatives and a Kozel ‘pint finder’ app also planned, the company said.
Sam Rhodes, Miller Brands' customer marketing director, said: “Our research shows that glassware is the third most important factor in deciding which drink to choose, after taste and size.
“The new design will boost Kozel’s visibility in a growing category and give licensees a real opportunity to drive trial.”
Rhodes pointed to UK on-trade figures showing that the "world beer" category has seen a 7.6% rise in volumes in the 12 months to 10 August.
SABMiller last month reported a 4% lift in first-half net sales.
The penultimate part of this month's management briefing sees Ben Cooper continue his review of the environmental efforts of the larger brewers. Here, he looks at Heineken, Molson Coors and SABMiller....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research