UK: SABMiller expands Miller Genuine Draft reach
SABMiller extends Miller Genuine Draft to England and Wales
SABMiller is to launch Miller Genuine Draft in England and Wales, backed by a heavyweight advertising campaign.
The brewer's UK subsidiary, Miller Brands, said this week that it will support next month's launch with a multimillion pound campaign entitled 'Tonight, It's Miller Time'.
"With the prospect of higher cash margins versus other premium packaged lagers, the launch provides a valuable new profit opportunity for retailers in the on-trade," said the group. Miller Genuine Draft has already performed well in Scotland, where it is now one of the best-selling lagers in the country's on-trade.
Miller Brands said that its marketing campaign will include television and outdoor advertising. It is particularly targeting nightspots in major cities, beginning with an eight-week campaign across night clubs in Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester and Newcastle.
In SABMiller's last fiscal year, to the end of March, its lager sales by volume rose by 23% in the UK, against a beer market that declined in every quarter bar one.
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- CCBA partner "in place by 2018" - Coca-Cola
- Beam Suntory to invest US$1bn in Bourbon
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends