US: SABMiller executive to become CFO at Beam Suntory
Beam Suntory came into being earlier this year
The spirits giant announced Restrepo's appointment earlier today, following Bob Probst's decision in April to stand down. Beam said at the time that Probst was leaving to pursue opportunities outside of the company, after Suntory completed its takeover of Beam earlier this year.
Restrepo, the current regional FD at SABMiller's European division, will join Beam Suntory early in the fourth quarter.
He joined the brewer when it acquired Grupo Empresarial Bavaria, for whom he was CFO, in late-2005.
Suntory’s surprise takeover of Beam in April 2014 has created the world’s sixth biggest spirits company. Although not currently showing in Euromonitor International data, this profile will look at Sun...
Bavaria, currently the main player in beer in Colombia, will face new competition in 2015 with the arrival of Central Cervecera de Colombia SAS, which will become the sole distributor of Heineken in M...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
SABMiller’s wide geographical presence and extensive brand portfolio should make the company less susceptible to market volatility. However, when looking deeper into the structure of SABMiller, it is ...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China