COLOMBIA: SABMiller enters recycling partnership
SABMiller sells Aguila beer in Colombia
SABMiller has joined with global retailer Carrefour to improve recycling rates in Colombia.
Both firms has signed a deal to install 15 recycling centres at Carrefour's supermarkets in the cities of Bogotá and Medellin.
SABMiller has a 98% volume share of Colombia's beer market via its local subsidiary, Bavaria.
The National Association of small recyclers and CEMPRE, a not-for-profit association which promotes reduction, reuse and recycling, are also part of the recylcing partnership.
The firms aim to collect 1,000 tonnes of waste within the first six months and will launch an advertising campaign for consumers.
"There is an increasing expectation being placed on companies today to minimise the environmental impact of their packaging, from sourcing materials through to disposal and recycling by consumers," said SABMiller's president in Latin America, Barry Smith.
"We seek to make a difference through innovative partnerships with suppliers and customers such as this one with Carrefour."
Part three of our annual review of the year brings us Chris Mercer's look at how 2010 has treated the world's brewers....
Click play, below, to view the thoughts of SABMiller's CEO, Graham Mackay, on the brewers performance in the six months to the end of September....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read comment pieces on just-drinks in 2010....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2010....
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends