ITALY: SABMiller emerges as frontrunner for Peroni
SABMiller has emerged as a favourite to clinch the acquisition of the Italian brewer Peroni, according to a number of reports today.
It is believed that the brewer, itself a result of a merger between Miller Brewing and South African Breweries last year, could agree a sale worth in the region of £418m in the next few weeks.
SABMiller is seen as a good fit for Peroni, as there is little overlap between the two businesses to concern competition regulators. Peroni also has export strengths that would be attractive to the SABMiller portfolio.
Following its recent re-launch in the UK, SABMiller has introduced its Italian lager brand Peroni Nastro Azzurro to the Romanian market....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Carlsberg cannot compete with some of the larger global brewers when it comes to earnings, according to the Danish company's CEO....
Carlsberg is looking to invest BGL20m (US$13.2m) in upgrading one of its breweries in Bulgaria....
Shareholders of Baltika Brewery have approved a rise in 2004 dividends....
Carlsberg Deutschland has acquired the beverage wholesale company Göttsche Getränke Group, which was majority-owned by Charly Willems. Göttsche Getränke Group is a beverage wholesale company in Northe...
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch