ITALY: SABMiller drops Bud deal
Instead Birra Peroni (Peroni) will launch Miller Genuine Draft in the Italian market towards the end of 2003.
Peroni Managing Director Harry Langley said: "The import market in Italy, in particular that for major international brands, is growing ahead of trend. Joining the SABMiller Group has created significant opportunities for Peroni to exploit the company's strong portfolio of international brands."
Peroni's agreement with Anheuser-Busch to brew and distribute the Budweiser brand in Italy will now be terminated with effect from November 2003. In the year ending December 2002, Budweiser domestic Italian sales accounted for 173,000 hectolitres, or approximately 4% of total Peroni volumes.
Anheuser-Busch's European unit said it had now signed a licensing agreement with Dutch brewer Heineken for the Italian market.
Heineken will brew, market and distribute Anheuser-Busch's Budweiser and Bud brands.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Equity analyst Legg Mason has downgraded its rating of the US brewer Anheuser-Busch from "hold" to "sell" after the company issued a statement saying it expected sales below previous estimates....
Following its recent re-launch in the UK, SABMiller has introduced its Italian lager brand Peroni Nastro Azzurro to the Romanian market....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
The US brewer Anheuser-Busch Cos has reported first quarter 2005 domestic beer volumes below previous expectations....
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Carlsberg cannot compete with some of the larger global brewers when it comes to earnings, according to the Danish company's CEO....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends