UK: SABMiller director to retire
A non-executive director at SABMiller has announced his retirement.
Lord Renwick, who has been on the board for eight years and chair of the nomination committee, confirmed today (26 June) that he will retire from the brewer's board. Lord Renwick will step down at the annual general meeting in July next year.
"SABMiller is privileged to have had a director of the calibre of Lord Renwick on its board for the past eight years," said Meyer Kahn, SABMiller's chairman. "His contribution to the board has been immense and he has guided the deliberations of the nomination committee, which he currently chairs, and the remuneration committee, which he chaired until August 2004, with wisdom, integrity and foresight."
Earlier this month, SABMiller's South African units warned that demand for its beer brands was leading to shortage of glass in the country. Among the beers sold by SAB in the country are Castle Lite, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Pilsner Urquell, Hansa Marzen Gold and Miller Genuine Draft.
Rising raw material costs have been a feature of numerous companies' results over the past few months. As Jessica Harvey writes, some companies have been able to bolster themselves against this trend ...
SABMiller has ruled out speculation that it is looking to list in the US next year....
SABMiller has plans to seek approval from the Autoriteit Financiele Markten (AFM) with regards to its current offer for Grolsch....
SABMiller has taken a stake in Royal Grolsch NV, according a recent filing....
Pacific Beverages, the joint venture between SABMiller and Coca-Cola Amatil, has acquired a brewer in Australia....
Coca-Cola Amatil has upped its profit forecast for the second half of this year....
Scottish & Newcastle has confirmed its plans for its first brewery in Vietnam....
Scottish & Newcastle has declined to comment on speculation suggesting it will sell its Kronenbourg lager brand....
- Comment - Scotch's Battle with Age
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Pernod Ricard to up focus on consumers - CEO
- Diageo creates USL unit to oversee own brands
- Pernod Ricard on US starting blocks with Havanista
- Diageo to close Maryland bottling site
- A-B InBev GSA head in drink-driving crash
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review