UK: SABMiller details Indian growth plans
SABMiller has given further details about its intended investment in India going forward.
The global brewer, which confirmed a year ago that it was looking to up its spend in India, will look to build "three or four" greenfield breweries in the country in the near future, a spokesperson for SABMiller told just-drinks today (23 November).
"We need to invest in capacity in India to the tune of just under 1m hectolitres per year for the next four years," the spokesperson said. "The Indian beer market is growing by around 15% per annum, and our current capacity is under pressure."
Of the planned facilities, one will be built in Haryana state, the spokesperson said, while the brewer will also consider constructing a brewery in the state of Karnataka in the country.
SABMiller currently owns 11 breweries in India, and accounts for around 31% of the beer market, holding second place behind United Breweries.
SABMiller has signed an agreement to acquire a 99.84% stake in major Ukrainian brewer CJSC Sarmat....
SABMiller has lined up an addition to its mild beer portfolio in India, just-drinks has learned....
SABMiller has announced the appointment of Maria Ramos and Rob Pieterse to the company board as independent non-executive directors....
Increased excise on pre-mixed spirits in Australia is expected to boost beer sales for Foster's and Lion Nathan....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
SABMiller has announced changes to the Grolsch International senior management team....
SABMiller has confirmed plans to launch its premium international beer brand, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, in Russia....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included stories from Beam Global, The UB Group, LVMH, Danone SABMiller and Heineken....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages