UK: SABMiller denies Redd's launch plan
SABMiller has said it has "no plans" to launch its Redd's flavoured beer brand in the UK, contrary to reports this week.
"We have no plans to bring Redd's to the UK," an SABMiller spokesperson told just-drinks today (3 October).
His comments follow a report this week claiming that Redd's, a low-calorie, apple-favoured beer aimed largely at women, was set for a UK launch later this year.
Redd's is already widely available in Russia and several other Eastern European countries.
Separately, the SAB spokesperson confirmed today that a new advertising agency, Razorfish, would be handling the Redd's account in Russia.
Legislation being proposed by the Scottish government would, if passed, represent some of the strictest alcohol regulation in the EU, so it's no surprise that it has provoked widespread reaction. just...
SABMiller-owned Czech brewer Plzenský Prazdroj has announced plans to cut around 6% of its work force, following a review of the business....
SABMiller has taken full control of its joint-venture in Vietnam....
SABMiller's Chinese joint venture, China Resources Snow Breweries, is to buy a brewery in the country's Shandong province for around US$42m....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
European brewing association The Brewers of Europe said today (13 March) that it welcomes the EU's Alcohol and Health Forum set up to fight alcohol misuse....
Setting a minimum price for alcoholic drinks will cost Scottish consumers more than GBP80m per year, according to research commissioned by brewer SABMiller, as talk of a legal challenge to the proposa...
Molson Coors plans to to launch a second cost savings scheme to save an extra $100m annually, the brewer's chief financial officer has said....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends