UK: SABMiller denies Redd's launch plan
SABMiller has said it has "no plans" to launch its Redd's flavoured beer brand in the UK, contrary to reports this week.
"We have no plans to bring Redd's to the UK," an SABMiller spokesperson told just-drinks today (3 October).
His comments follow a report this week claiming that Redd's, a low-calorie, apple-favoured beer aimed largely at women, was set for a UK launch later this year.
Redd's is already widely available in Russia and several other Eastern European countries.
Separately, the SAB spokesperson confirmed today that a new advertising agency, Razorfish, would be handling the Redd's account in Russia.
Legislation being proposed by the Scottish government would, if passed, represent some of the strictest alcohol regulation in the EU, so it's no surprise that it has provoked widespread reaction. just...
SABMiller-owned Czech brewer Plzenský Prazdroj has announced plans to cut around 6% of its work force, following a review of the business....
SABMiller has taken full control of its joint-venture in Vietnam....
SABMiller's Chinese joint venture, China Resources Snow Breweries, is to buy a brewery in the country's Shandong province for around US$42m....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
European brewing association The Brewers of Europe said today (13 March) that it welcomes the EU's Alcohol and Health Forum set up to fight alcohol misuse....
Setting a minimum price for alcoholic drinks will cost Scottish consumers more than GBP80m per year, according to research commissioned by brewer SABMiller, as talk of a legal challenge to the proposa...
Molson Coors plans to to launch a second cost savings scheme to save an extra $100m annually, the brewer's chief financial officer has said....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research