UK: SABMiller creates technical director role
SABMiller has appointed a group technical director for the first time.
The newly-created position will be filled by Dr Neil MacGilp, starting from 1 October
Dr MacGilp joins the brewing giant from Procter & Gamble, where he was director of corporate package and device development in Europe. During his 30-year career with the company, he held a number of positions in product and package R&D, as well as device and technology development.
Based in the UK, Dr MacGilp will lead a group-wide technical function with responsibility for developing a product-focused technical strategy, SABMiller said. This will include responsibility for processes that will organise the pipeline of innovation projects for the group. He will lead a team including the heads of brewing, packaging & design technology, capital projects & engineering and manufacturing development.
"Innovation in both product and packaging is much more important to consumers who require increasing diversity, creativity and originality, and therefore is a significant focus of our business into the future," said SAB Ltd managing director - and Dr MacGilp's new boss - Tony van Kralingen.
Dr MacGilp added: "Working for one of the world's largest brewers will be a significant challenge, but will allow me to use my experience in packaging, design and innovation to its fullest extent."
Beer sales in Slovakia slid last year, according to recent figures....
Anheuser-Busch has stayed silent on reports in India that it has decided on a local venture partner in the fast-growing beer market....
South African Breweries is seeking a meeting with the country's competition watchdog next month to hold talks on allegations that it has broken competition rules on distribution....
SABMiller has said it expects premium-priced beers to account for 15% of sales volumes in its South American markets in five years' time....
SABMiller has unveiled a huge investment in its South American operations....
SABMiller has said this year's performance has been in line with expectations as the brewer heads into the last quarter....
SABMiller India has cooled on its plans to buy local brewer Mt Shivalik, just-drinks has learned. Sources close to the situation have told just-drinks today (16 January) that talks between SABMiller a...
Miller Brewing Co. has appointed a former executive from US conglomerate GE to lead strategy and planning at the US brewer....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets