CHINA: SABMiller CR Snow nears Moutai Group beer deal - report
SABMiller's joint-venture in China, CR Snow Breweries, is understood to be close to acquiring the beer business of China Kweichow Moutai Distillery Group.
CR Snow, which is 51%-owned by China Resources Enterprise, is likely to pay at least CNY100m (US$15.7m) for Moutai Group's Moutai Beer business, according to a Sinocast report yesterday (15 August). Moutai and CR Snow have been in talks about a deal for much of this year, said the report, which cited "people in the know".
When contacted about the prospective deal, an SABMiller spokesperson declined to comment to just-drinks. SABMiller owns the remaining 49% of CR Snow.
Moutai beer has three production lines and 580 staff, according to the company's website. If CR Snow's planned acquisition goes through, it will follow closely behind the brewer's buyout of all outstanding shares in two breweries in China's Zhejiang province, announced earlier this month.
Pete Brown is back, refreshed, raring to go, and pondering the future. "Which way will beer go in 2012?", he asks the tea leaves....
SABMiller's Chinese joint-venture, CR Snow Breweries, could get a second chance to dig its claws into Kingway Brewery and mount a stronger challenge to Tsingtao in the country's Guangdong province....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research