UK: SABMiller completes Peroni acquisition
The world's second largest brewer SABMiller announced today that it has closed its deal to acquire a controlling stake in the Italian brewer Birra Peroni. SABMiller has acquired 60% in Birra Peroni for €246m and has entered into put and call arrangements with shareholders who have not sold their stake initially which, when fully exercised, will result in SABMiller increasing its shareholding in Birra Peroni to 97.8%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo writes down Shuijingfang value by GBP264m