UK/S AFRICA: SABMiller closes US$1.25bn bond issue
SABMiller has completed its latest bond issue.
The brewer confirmed to both the London and Johannesburg Stock Exchanges yesterday (17 July) that the US$1.25bn bond issue has now closed.
The notes have been issued in two tranches, the first for $550m of 5.5-year notes with a coupon of 5.7%, with the second totalling $700m of 10-year notes with a coupon of 6.5%.
SABMiller did not detail what the funds would be used for.
Earlier this month, the brewer completed the transfer of the US importation rights for the Grolsch beer brand from Anheuser-Busch. SABMiller completed its acquisition of Royal Grolsch in February, and will now see the importation rights for the US switch to its US joint venture, Miller Coors.
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Companies should not allow the recession to stifle commitment to tackling sustainability issues....
Lotte Group has been touted as a possible buyer of South Korea's oriental Brewery, currently owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev....
Anheuser-Busch InBev is to transfer some of its operations to a new office in New York, resulting in a possible 89 job losses at the group's Leuven headquarters in Belgium....
SABMiller has blamed the global economic slowdown for a 1% slip in beer volumes in its third quarter....
SABMiller has confirmed its ongoing interest in acquiring a brewery in Belarus, following state media reports of government support for a move....
Brazilian brewer AmBev, a division of beer giant Anheuser-Busch InBev, has appointed Nelson Jamel as its chief financial officer....
SABMiller and R&A have entered into a long-term agreement under which Pilsner Urquell will become the official beer of The Open Championship....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China