COSTA RICA: SABMiller closes Pepsi bottling sale
SABMiller has finally completed the sale of its Pepsi bottling operations in Costa Rica.
The global brewer confirmed today (30 April) that the sale to local brewer Cerveceria Costa Rica, announced last month, has now been closed.
The brewer attained the Pepsi bottling operations, as well as hotel and real estate assets in Costa Rica, as part of its acquisition of Latin American brewing giant Bavaria in 2005. SABMiller sold the property assets to a US real estate group last month.
The two deals garnered a combined US$116m for the company.
The announcement earlier this week that Carlsberg and Heineken are discussing making a bid for Scottish & Newcastle came far too early for the two European brewers. With no bid having been actually ma...
Global brewers have stayed silent over their interest in the possible acquisition of Serbian brewery Pivara MB....
SABMiller has announced it will delist shares of its Colombian unit, Bavaria, a week later than originally planned....
Reports today (23 October) have suggested that Scottish & Newcastle's operations in India could prove a barrier to Carlsberg and Heineken succeeding in breaking up the UK-based brewer....
SABMiller is looking to up the number of beer vending machines in Czech, according to reports....
The Scottish & Newcastle rumour mill went into overdrive this weekend, with reports claiming the brewer is looking at ways to destroy any potential bid from Carlsberg and Heineken....
Pepsi Bottling Ventures has signed a letter of intent to purchase Pepsi-Cola franchise bottler L.E. Farrell Co....
SABMiller has reiterated its strong start to the company's latest financial year....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research