UK: SABMiller closes juice sale to Postobon
SABMiller has confirmed closure of its sale of a juice business in Latin America.
The brewer, which inherited Productora de Jugos when it acquired Colombian brewer Bavaria in 2005, said yesterday (5 June) that the divestment of the unit, to Postobon in Colombia, was completed at the end of May.
SABMiller began the sale process to Postobon, for US$55.3m, in June last year. The move was made to ensure that the company protected its beer monopoly in Colombia.
"It's our strategy to divest out of those additional businesses and focus on our more important businesses, which in (Colombia) are beer, malt drinks and waters," a spokesperson for SABMiller said at the time.
Scottish & Newcastle has declined to comment on speculation suggesting it will sell its Kronenbourg lager brand....
SABMiller has given further details about its intended investment in India going forward....
The likelihood of a union between InBev and Anheuser-Busch has become a stronger possibility, following SABMiller's acquisition of Grolsch, according to a drinks analyst....
SABMiller and Molson Coors have been hit with an anti-trust request for its joint venture in the US....
SABMiller has declined to comment on speculation suggesting the brewer is out of the Scottish & Newcastle frame, following its plans to acquire Grolsch....
Grolsch has hailed today's (19 November) move by SABMiller to acquire the Dutch brewer as "ideal"....
China Resources Enterprise has reported a healthy lift in group net profit for its third quarter....
SABMiller has reached a "conditional agreement" with Grolsch to make an offer for the acquisition for the company....
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014