COLOMBIA: SABMiller close to naming Bavaria boss
SABMiller is set to name Karl Lippert chief executive of its South American brewing arm, Bavaria, according to reports in Colombia.
Lippert, managing director of SABMiller's Polish arm Kompania Piwowarska, will be moved to head the Bavaria business this week, Dow Jones said yesterday (23 January).
Lippert will replace Bavaria's outgoing chief executive Ricardo Obregon, who is leaving the company on 31 January.
SABMiller officials had failed to return requests for comment as just-drinks went to press.
The brewing giant owns close to 97% of Bavaria and has moved to snap up the remaining shares with an offer to buy out minority shareholders on the open market.
Having recorded a third consecutive year of volume, margin and earnings growth, global brewing force, SAB Miller, was in a position to give shareholders a 27% dividend increase and eye the acquisition...
The Corporación Financiera Internacional (IFC), an investment arm of the World Bank, has acquired a stake in Empresarial Bavaria....
The CEO of SABMiller has hailed the brewer's full-year figures as "very pleasing" today (19 May)....
SABMiller has seen its share rating upgraded....
SABMiller has agreed to acquire the Slovakian brewer Topvar. Topvar is located in the city of Topoľčany in Western Slovakia and sold 569,000 hectolitres of beer in 2004....
SABMiller has had its share recommendation upped....
AmBev Peru is to launch a new beer in the market that will bring competition to a market so far dominated by the monopoly of Union de Cervecerias Peruanas Backus & Johnston SAA, or Backus....
Heineken has its eyes on possible acquisitions in Latin America, according to the company's CEO....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends