UK: SABMiller chairman sells shares totalling US$17.5m
SABMiller's Mackay has cashed-in GBP11.4m worth of shares
SABMiller chairman Graham Mackay, who is currently on medical leave, has sold GBP11.4m (US$17.5m) worth of his shares in the group.
Mackay, who was granted leave in June after surgery for a brain tumour, sold 350,000 shares through the E.A.G Mackay Family Trust, the brewer revealed last week. The shares were sold at around GBP33 per share through three seperate transactions between 16 and 18 July.
Mackay, who was replaced as SABMiller's CEO by Alan Clark in April in a speeded-up succession plan, retains 1.41m shares in the group.
The brewer, which reported a slight rise in Q1 sales last week, also confirmed a number of board changes following its AGM. Mackay has succeeded John Manser as the nomination committee's chairman, but Manser will continue as chair for the time being.
Miles Morland has stepped down as chairman and a member of the remuneration committee and is being replaced as its head by Lesley Knox.
FInally, Helen Weir has joined the nomination committee in place of Cyril Ramaphosa.
The world’s second largest brewer, SABMiller’s geographic profile provides a strong platform from which to exploit forecast volume growth in emerging markets. This profile analyses the company’s emplo...
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Australia beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ...
Here, courtesy of analysts at Nomura, is a list of the purchases made in the global brewing industry between 1999 and last year, along with the EBITDA multiples paid....
This report comprises high level market research data on the Colombia beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ana...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report