UK: SABMiller builds war chest for further acquisitions
The newly created SABMiller has indicated that it is gearing up for further acquisitions after it announced a share placing worth close to £614m (US$953m) today. SABMiller, which was created when South African Breweries completed its acquisition of Miller Brewing earlier this week, said the placing would give it flexibility in the face of a rapidly consolidating global beer industry, including "opportunities to enhance its position as a global brewer".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Diageo reaches deal in Stitzel legal row
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director