UK: SABMiller builds war chest for further acquisitions
The newly created SABMiller has indicated that it is gearing up for further acquisitions after it announced a share placing worth close to £614m (US$953m) today. SABMiller, which was created when South African Breweries completed its acquisition of Miller Brewing earlier this week, said the placing would give it flexibility in the face of a rapidly consolidating global beer industry, including "opportunities to enhance its position as a global brewer".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"