POLAND: SABMiller brewing arm enjoys "record" year
SABMiller's Polish unit Kompania Piwowarska today (1 February) reported a record leap in sales during 2005.
Kompania Piwowarska, which is the single biggest contributor of earnings from SABMiller's European operations, saw sales leap 12.6% to over 11m hectolitres. The Polish market last year grew by just over 5%, the brewer said.
Outgoing managing director Karl Lippert said 2005 was a "tremendously successful period" for the company.
"The wonderfully talented people of KP have helped us become the most admired brewing company in Poland, excelling at every aspect of its operation," he added. Lippert was last week appointed president of SABMiller's Latin American brewing arm, Bavaria.
The brewer's flagship brand, Tyskie, also enjoyed strong growth abroad, accounting for two-thirds of exports. Total exports last year leapt 95%, the brewer added.
Kompania Piwowarska, which operates from sites in Tychy, Poznan and Bialystok, is Poland's largest beer maker and last year grew its share of the Polish beer market just over 37%.
Having recorded a third consecutive year of volume, margin and earnings growth, global brewing force, SAB Miller, was in a position to give shareholders a 27% dividend increase and eye the acquisition...
The Corporación Financiera Internacional (IFC), an investment arm of the World Bank, has acquired a stake in Empresarial Bavaria....
The CEO of SABMiller has hailed the brewer's full-year figures as "very pleasing" today (19 May)....
SABMiller has seen its share rating upgraded....
SABMiller has agreed to acquire the Slovakian brewer Topvar. Topvar is located in the city of Topoľčany in Western Slovakia and sold 569,000 hectolitres of beer in 2004....
SABMiller has had its share recommendation upped....
AmBev Peru is to launch a new beer in the market that will bring competition to a market so far dominated by the monopoly of Union de Cervecerias Peruanas Backus & Johnston SAA, or Backus....
Heineken has its eyes on possible acquisitions in Latin America, according to the company's CEO....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Molson Coors' Rekorderlig Cider Cocktails - NPD
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends