UK: SABMiller appoints Polish brewing chief
SABMiller has named the man to head its Polish brewing subsidiary, Kompania Piwowarska.
Mark Bowman is to replace Karl Lippert who last month was appointed president of Bavaria, SABMiller's Colombian business.
Bowman joins Kompania Piwowarska from Amalgamated Beverage Industries, SABMiller's South African soft drinks arm, where he was managing director and chairman of Appletiser. ABI also holds the Coca-Cola franchise in South Africa.
Alan Clark, managing director for SABMiller Europe, said today (9 March): "After successfully running one of the world's largest Coke bottling companies, Mark brings a breadth of experience and knowledge that will help Kompania Piwowarska to continue to outperform the Polish market and drive sustainable growth throughout the business."
Kompania Piwowarska is SABMiller's largest business in Europe with a 37% share of the Polish beer market.
Bowman said: "I look forward to the opportunity and challenges of helping to build upon what is already an extraordinary business at Kompania Piwowarska."
Having recorded a third consecutive year of volume, margin and earnings growth, global brewing force, SAB Miller, was in a position to give shareholders a 27% dividend increase and eye the acquisition...
The Corporación Financiera Internacional (IFC), an investment arm of the World Bank, has acquired a stake in Empresarial Bavaria....
The CEO of SABMiller has hailed the brewer's full-year figures as "very pleasing" today (19 May)....
SABMiller has seen its share rating upgraded....
SABMiller has agreed to acquire the Slovakian brewer Topvar. Topvar is located in the city of Topoľčany in Western Slovakia and sold 569,000 hectolitres of beer in 2004....
SABMiller has had its share recommendation upped....
AmBev Peru is to launch a new beer in the market that will bring competition to a market so far dominated by the monopoly of Union de Cervecerias Peruanas Backus & Johnston SAA, or Backus....
Heineken has its eyes on possible acquisitions in Latin America, according to the company's CEO....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets