ASIA: SABMiller appoints MD for Asia
SABMiller appoints Harald Harvey to MD Asia post
SABMiller has announced that it will appoint Harald Harvey as its MD for Asia.
Harvey, who is currently executive director of strategy and business support at SABMiller's subsidiary in South Africa, will take up his new role on 1 February. The brewer has created the MD Asia post following its decision to extend the responsibilities of Ari Mervis, its current MD for Asia-Pacific, to include the CEO job at freshly-bought Foster's Group.
Harvey will oversee SABMiller's businesses in India and Vietnam, its ongoing regional business development and export operations, as well as providing support to CR Snow. He will be based in Hong Kong and will report to Mervis.
Mervis said today (15 December): "Harvey has developed a deep commercial understanding of the beer industry, and has played a key role in developing and executing the strategy that put SAB back onto its current growth trajectory."
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Corby's FY suffers from US focus
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review