UK: SABMiller appoints commercial director for Asia
SABMiller has appointed Mark Luce to the position of commercial director: Asia with effect from 1 September.
Luce has 20 years experience in the beer industry and, in the past 12 years with SABMiller, has held several roles including marketing & sales director Europe, business development director in group marketing and currently senior vice presient marketing for Latin America.
He will be responsible for assessing and executing the appropriate commercial strategies, strengthening the marketing and sales capabilities within the region, in addition to contributing to the development of SABMiller's position in Asia.
Ari Mervis, managing director, SABMiller Asia said: "Asia is the most promising region for volume growth in the global beer arena and I am delighted that Mark has accepted this unique challenge. His many years of experience ideally equip him to lead and support the development of the marketing and sales functions of SABMiller in Asia."
SABMiller has brewing operations in India, China, Vietnam and Australia and exports to various other markets.
The brewing sector has seen steady consolidation in recent years and 2008 was certainly no exception. Olly Wehring reviews a year which began with the protracted takeover of S&N by Heineken and Carlsb...
Per capita consumption of beer in India may currently be small but SABMiller believes demographic and economic factors point to exciting long-term potential for the market. Chris Mercer reports from I...
SABMiller may have seen beer volumes rise by 3% in the first six months of the year but the impact of rising commodity prices, the global economic downturn and the credit crunch have given the brewer ...
China Resources Snow Breweries has begun the construction of its production facility in Paoshan Industrial Zone in the outskirts of Shanghai....
MillerCoors has bowed to pressure from a coalition of state attourneys general in the US and agreed to remove a range of ingredients, including caffeine, from its Sparks drink....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Cobra Beer is circulating a sales memorandum to potential buyers, declaring its willingness to split its UK and Indian businesses, sources close to the situation have confirmed to just-drinks....
SABMiller Africa plans to begin brewing a new lager in Southern Sudan, following the opening of a brewery in the country's capital....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report