INDIA: SABMiller appoints CEO for India
SABMiller has appointed Paolo Lanzarotti as its managing director for India.
Lanzarotti, who was most recently MD for SABMiller's subsidiary in Slovakia, Pivovary Topvar, replaces Jean-Marc Delpon de Vaux, who left the brewer for "personal reasons" at the beginning of August.
Prior to his role in Slovakia, Lanzarotti was strategic planning director and subsequently sales and distribution director of the Birra Peroni business. He joined SABMiller in 2005.
"Paolo's key responsibilities will include overseeing the group's operations, expansion and growth in the country and working towards building the SABMiller brands in the diverse and challenging Indian market," said SABMiller today (12 October).
Lanzarotti lived in India between 2000 and 2003, working as CEO of IndoMobil Pvt Ltd, a joint venture between ExxonMobil and IOC, and thereafter CEO of ExxonMobil Lubricants Pvt Ltd.
As Heineken CEO Jean-Francois Van Boxmeer last week hailed the opening of the firm's brewery with Diageo in South Africa as "a victory for consumer choice", it is clear that a new battle for supremacy...
While Budweiser lager will be available in stadiums at this summer's FIFA World Cup, SABMiller has secured a deal with the football body to exclusively supply hundreds of thousands of fans at screenin...
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends