COLOMBIA/UK: SABMiller appoints Bavaria president
Richard Rushton will head up Bavaria for SABMiller in Colombia
The brewer, which announced in October that Lippert will move up to become president of its Latin America beer business, announced today (6 December) that Richard Rushton, the current president of its Central American operations, will become president of Bavaria. Rushton will take over on 1 January and will report in to Lippert.
Rushton joined SABMiller in 1997, and has been president of its Central American operations for the past 15 months. Prior to that, he spent three years in Ecuador, as president of Cervecería Nacional, and five years in India, as managing director of SABMiller's business there.
Aged 47, Rushton is a South African national, who can speak fluent Spanish.
As a result of the appointment, the position of president for Central America will be eliminated, and the presidents of the SABMiller operations in Ecuador, Panama, El Salvador and Honduras will also report directly to Lippert.
This month, we have decided to run The Wehring Interview over two instalments. After all, having waited so long to speak to Heineken's CEO, I have a lot of questions for him. Luckily, I've been grante...
Foster's Group has officially transferred shares to its newly-demerged wine business, Treasury Wine Estates....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review