UK: SABMiller appoints alcohol policy chief
SABMiller has appointed Kristin Kaplan Wolfe as head of alcohol policy for the group.
The brewer said that Wolfe has extensive legal experience, having spent the past 16 years with Miller Brewing. She was most recently in charge of the company's alcohol responsibility programmes as assistant general counsel.
Based in the UK, Wolfe will direct the group strategy and policy on responsible alcohol consumption. She will take the role on 1 March, succeeding Adrian Botha, who recently left the company.
SABMiller's corporate affairs director Sue Clark said: "Kristin's depth of knowledge and experience of alcohol policy and related issues will be invaluable to our team and I am certain that her appointment will support the future development of SABMiller, as we continue to pursue initiatives to promote and enhance the group's reputation. We look forward to welcoming her in March."
The C&C Group may have its cider brand Magners to thank for its recent success, but Brian Walsh, managing director of the Irish company's spirits arm C&C International, believes the group's spirits po...
SABMiller has distanced itself from speculation that it is pondering a tie-up with Coors in the US....
SABMiller's North American unit is targeting a turnaround of its Miller Lite brand in the region....
The CEO of Altia Corporation has resigned....
The Estonian Ministry of Finance has presented a draft plan to the national parliament advocating a 20% increase in alcohol taxes effective from 1 January 2008....
Thai Beverage's independent directors have opposed the company's plan to list on the Thai stock market....
Dreher Breweries, the Hungarian subsidiary of British brewer SABMiller, plans to invest millions in upgrading its facilities this year....
Budweiser has announced it will be renewing its partnership with The Premier League, the UK's top flight football league, with the renewed deal commencing 1st June 2007....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- This week in spirits & wine
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts