POLAND/UK: SABMiller announces MD switch
SABMiller parachutes Poland MD into Miller Brands business
SABMiller has said that its current MD for Kompania Piwowarska in Poland, Gary Haigh, will move to take the reins at Miller Brands in the UK.
Haigh, who has spent two years with SABMiller's Polish subsidiary, will become the new MD of Miller Brands in mid-September, the Peroni Nastro Azzurro brewer said today (24 August). Haigh replaces Nick Miller, who resigned in June to take up the post of CEO at London-based Meantime Brewing Company.
In Poland, Haigh will be replaced by Rob Priday, who is the current president of SABMiller's business in Peru, Backus. Priday will arrive at Kompania Piwowarska, which is Poland's leading brewer, in October.
Haigh will take the reins in the UK as Miller Brands continues to outperform a national beer market that has been shrinking for much of the last decade. In SABMiller's last fiscal year, to the end of March, Miller Brands reported volume sales up by 23% on the previous year. The rise came off a low base, but it demonstrates consumers' continuing thirst for high-end lager in the country.
Kingway's controlling shareholder, state-owned GDH, is set to profit from growing rivalry among multinational brewers in China....
SABMiller's Chinese joint-venture, CR Snow Breweries, could get a second chance to dig its claws into Kingway Brewery and mount a stronger challenge to Tsingtao in the country's Guangdong province....
MillerCoors has reported a dip in full-year sales and profits amid weak consumer demand for big beer brands, but a fourth-quarter gain offered some grounds for optimism....
Molson Coors has reported a drop in full-year profits, despite higher beer sales....
Higher beer prices and strong consumer demand in Vietnam helped Asia Pacific Breweries to post rises in sales and profits in its first fiscal quarter....
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends