UK: SABMiller announces board appointments
SABMiller has announced the appointment of Maria Ramos and Rob Pieterse to the company board as independent non-executive directors.
Ramos, currently group chief executive of Transnet, has a "notable" track record in the political and business world, the brewer said yesterday (6 May). She is a non-executive director of South African financial services company Sanlam and of the South African investment holding company Remgro.
Pieterse, currently chairman of the supervisory boards of Mercurius Groep, a subsidiary of SABMiller, is also a member of the supervisory boards of Essent and CSM.
He spent 25 years at the multi-national information services company, Wolters Kluwer, where he was chairman from 2000 until 2003.
"I am delighted to welcome to our board two such distinguished and internationally acclaimed individuals," said Meyer Kahn, chairman of SABMiller. "Their vast experience will be of immense value to SABMiller and these appointments enhance the independence and balance of the board whilst continuing the process of progressive renewal."
Ramos and Pieterse will join the board of SABMiller on 15 May.
Another whirlwind week on financial markets has coincided with a flurry of results statements from drinks firms. Have we learnt anything?...
SABMiller may have seen beer volumes rise by 3% in the first six months of the year but the impact of rising commodity prices, the global economic downturn and the credit crunch have given the brewer ...
MillerCoors has selected the location for its new headquarters in the city of Chicago....
Beer sales have continued to plummet in the UK, falling in both pubs and retailers during the third quarter of 2008, a new report shows....
Coca-Cola Femsa has said that net profit plunged by 35.5% in the third quarter of 2008, as costs overshadowed a double-digit revenue rise....
MillerCoors has confirmed its plans to discontinue its Zima malt beverage portfolio in the US....
Efes Breweries International has said that beer volumes increased by around 8% during the first nine months of 2008....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Martell's CEO & chairman, Philippe Guettat
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Currency woes hurt Latin American FTZs - Diageo
- A-B InBev snaps up Bogotá Beer Co in Colombia
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Beam Suntory defeats 'handmade' lawsuit
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets