RUSSIA: SABMiller and Efes chase brewery – report
SABMiller and Efes are in a race to snap up another Russian brewer, according to local reports. Business daily Vedomosti said today (18 August) that the two companies are hoping to buy independent brewer Krasny Vostok, which is thought to be worth around US$1bn.
"A deal could happen within a month," a senior manager in a major brewing company told the paper. Vedomosti also cited an investment banker familiar with the talks, who said that a deal would be for 100% of the brewer. A third source in the report claimed that SABMiller was the front runner, although a deal had not been fully structured yet.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesman for SABMiller declined to comment on the report. Efes, speaking to Vedomosti, also would not comment, but added that it was keen to up its profile in the country.
Yesterday, Heineken announced that it has agreed to buy Ivan Taranov Breweries, a Cyprus-based company with three breweries in Russia.
Heineken's CEO-in-waiting has no plan to radically alter the brewer's strategy, he said in an interview today....
Heineken has restructured its top management, in a move that includes the retirement of current CEO and chairman Thony Ruys from October this year....
China Resources Snow Breweries Limited (CR Snow) has entered into an agreement with the Fuyang City government to acquire the assets of the Fuyang City Snowland Brewery Company in Anhui province for U...
Following its recent re-launch in the UK, SABMiller has introduced its Italian lager brand Peroni Nastro Azzurro to the Romanian market....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Carlsberg cannot compete with some of the larger global brewers when it comes to earnings, according to the Danish company's CEO....
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research