US: SABMiller and A-B head to court over ads
The battle in the US for beer sales between Anheuser-Busch and SABMiller has spilt into the courts.
SABMiller is alleging in a federal court that A-B is using false and misleading advertising while also defacing Miller Lite products with Bud Light stickers.
The case revolves around an advert that A-B ran in USA Today, which it is also using at retail outlets, that called Miller Lite the "Queen of Carbs". A-B said that Miller Brewing was too focused on carbohydrate content while it instead would focus its efforts on taste. It also described Miller as South African-owned.
Miller's says the "Queen of Carbs" phrase has consumers confused, because Miller Lite has less carbs than Budweiser and Bud Light. It also said that SABMiller was not South African but UK-based.
Anheuser-Busch denied both the allegations.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
The US brewer Anheuser-Busch said today that it had seen its earnings per share fall 3% in the first quarter of the year, compared to the same period last year as it was hit by difficult trading condi...
Patrick Stokes, president and chief executive officer of Anheuser-Busch Companies, has said that the company's board of directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend....
Berkshire Hathaway Inc., the holding company of billionaire Warren Buffett, has acquired a significant stake in Anheuser-Busch....
Anheuser-Busch has threatened to stop buying rice from Missouri if the state allows genetically modified, drug-making crops to grow within its borders....
China Resources Snow Breweries Limited (CR Snow) has entered into an agreement with the Fuyang City government to acquire the assets of the Fuyang City Snowland Brewery Company in Anhui province for U...
Anheuser-Busch has increased its economic interest in China's Tsingtao to 27% upon its conversion of all the remaining convertible bonds in Tsingtao....
Anheuser-Busch has revealed plans to launch a new variant in its Bacardi Silver range....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends