TURKEY/RUSSIA: SABMiller, Anadolu Efes sign formal deal
SABMiller, Anadolu Efes on-track to form alliance
SABMiller and Anadolu Efes said today (24 January) that they have signed a definitive transaction agreement. The deal paves the way for the brewers to form a strategic alliance, subject to regulatory approvals.
As part of the deal, agreed in principle in October, SABMiller will hand its Russian and Ukrainian beer operations to Anadolu Efes. In return, the Peroni Nastro Azzurro brewer will take a 24% stake in Anadolu Efes' business.
Last week, SABMiller said in its third-quarter trading update that it expects the deal to complete by the end of its fiscal year, which runs to the end of March. Anadolu Efes has scheduled an extraordinary general meeting for 14 February to allow its shareholders to vote on the proposed alliance.
For just-drinks analysis of the deal rationale, click here.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Sustainability in Wine - Part IV
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- Gruppo Campari US unit head steps down
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018