UK: SABMiller adds to global marketing team
SABMiller has created two new group marketing positions, focusing on its international beer brands.
The London-based brewer said today (11 September) that Chris Taylor, formerly international brand director for Peroni Nastro Azzuro, will move to fill the new role of group international brands director. At the same time, Pam Powell, the former international business development director, will assume the new position of group marketing strategy and innovation director.
Taylor will be responsible for the brewer's international brands - Peroni, Pilsner Urquell, Miller Genuine Draft and Grolsch - with the four international brand directors reporting into him. Prior to working on Peroni, Taylor was marketing director for SABMiller Europe, based in Budapest.
Powell, meanwhile, will be responsible for the elements of SABMiller's strategic agenda relating to top-line value growth. Her role reflects "the growing importance of innovation to the development of full and differentiated portfolios and the need to coordinate innovation with the broader commercial strategy", SABMiller said.
Group marketing director Nick Fell said: "The appointment of Chris to this newly-created role will ensure closer coordination across our international brands in the global marketplace and more effective sharing of best practice and systems. With the recent acquisition of Grolsch, our international portfolio is ideally positioned to increase SABMiller's market share in the fastest growing segment of the global beer market."
Both Heineken and Carlsberg this week said that they would focus on cost savings in 2009, as international beer markets struggle in the face the economic downturn. Michelle Russell looks at how both b...
Legislation being proposed by the Scottish government would, if passed, represent some of the strictest alcohol regulation in the EU, so it's no surprise that it has provoked widespread reaction. just...
Molson Coors plans to to launch a second cost savings scheme to save an extra $100m annually, the brewer's chief financial officer has said....
SABMiller has confirmed that its Grolsch brewery will produce Miller Genuine Draft for the Irish market, replacing a contract with Heineken Ireland....
Poland's largest brewer and SABMiller subsidiary, Kompania Piwowarska, plans to cut more than 80 jobs as the economic downturn hits beer market growth in the country....
Nestle and The Coca-Cola Co have agreed to pay US$650,000 in damages and relabel their Enviga green tea drink, following a complaint against the functional beverage by 26 state attourneys general....
SABMiller has completed the sale of its Colombian water business to a joint bid from Coca-Cola Femsa and the Coca-Cola Company for US$92 million....
See the top stories published on just-drinks this week....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research