UK: SABMiller adds to board
SABMiller has announced an addition to its board of directors.
The UK-based brewer said last week that Dr Dambisa Moyo has agreed to join the board as an independent non-executive director.
Hailing from Zambia in Southern Africa, Dr Moyo spent eight years at Goldman Sachs in the debt capital markets, hedge fund coverage and global macro-economics teams. Previously she worked at the World Bank in Washington D.C., and is currently a writer and commentator on international aid strategies and economics.
"I am delighted that Dambisa Moyo has agreed to join our board," said SABMiller chairman, Meyer Kahn. "Her rare combination of academic experience and real world expertise, combined with a deep knowledge of global economic trends and a real concern for Africa ... will bring a new perspective to our deliberations and will be of great value to SABMiller."
Dr Moyo joins the board as of Monday (1 June).
Analysts and investors raised a toast to SABMiller's half-year results yesterday (19 November), despite a 26% drop in pre-tax profits, reports Michelle Russell....
Results posted by major brewers in recent weeks suggest conditions are improving in the global beer market, which is borne out by a new report from just-drinks forecasting growth over the medium term....
Alcoholic drinks firms are hoping to avoid a global call for "extreme" legislation to tackle alcohol abuse by outlining the ways industry can help to tackle the problem....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Two senior drinks industry heads have backed the launch of a book by The International Center for Alcohol Policies, calling for the industry to play a strong part in policy and implementation....
Drinks heavyweights SABMiller, Coca-Cola Co and Nestle have called for greater investment in water sustainability amid a growing gap in global supply and demand....
Diageo and subsidiary East African Breweries have transferred distribution of all spirits brands in Tanzania to Serengeti Breweries with immediate effect....
SABMiller is to close its Pivovary Topvar brewery in Slovakia due to falling demand for beer....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research