UK: SABMiller adds to board
SABMiller has unveiled an addition to its board of directors.
The brewer said today (27 March) that Liz Doherty will join the board as an independent, non-executive director. Doherty's appointment is effective from 1 April.
"The board believes that Liz's experience in international markets and consumer goods companies, as well as her undeniable business skills, will enable her to make a valuable contribution to SABMiller as a non-executive director," said SABMiller's chairman, Meyer Kahn "On behalf of the company, I would personally like to extend a warm welcome to Liz and look forward to working with her."
"I view SABMiller as a dynamic and energetic global company with great prospects across many diverse markets," Doherty added. "I am delighted to accept a position on the board and am truly excited about being part of the team."
Doherty is currently group international finance director of Tesco where her role includes the responsibility for the finances of Tesco's international businesses as well as group accounts, treasury and tax. Prior to Tesco, Doherty held a series of commercial and strategic positions at Unilever working in a variety of different countries.
Having recorded a third consecutive year of volume, margin and earnings growth, global brewing force, SAB Miller, was in a position to give shareholders a 27% dividend increase and eye the acquisition...
Rumours that SABMiller is poised to launch a bid for Empresarial Bavaria swept the trading floor yesterday (2 June)....
The Indian subsidiary of SABMiller, MBL Investments (Mysore), has acquired the Shaw Wallace Group's 50% interest in the brewing operations of SABMiller's Indian joint-venture....
The German-owned investment house, Deutsche Bank, has upgraded shares in the UK-based international brewing group, SABMiller, from "hold" to "buy", and raised its target for the shares from 830p to 95...
The CEO of SABMiller has hailed the brewer's full-year figures as "very pleasing" today (19 May)....
SABMiller has seen its share rating upgraded....
Fresh rumours surrounding a possible bid for Scottish & Newcastle saw the brewer's share price rise sharply yesterday (18 May) morning....
SABMiller has agreed to acquire the Slovakian brewer Topvar. Topvar is located in the city of Topoľčany in Western Slovakia and sold 569,000 hectolitres of beer in 2004....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts