VIETNAM: Sabeco to triple investment this year - report

By | 11 January 2007

Vietnamese state-owned drinks group Sabeco is reportedly set to build five breweries this year as it triples investment behind its production capacity.

Sabeco, which holds around a third of Vietnam's fast-growing beer market, is looking to boost capacity by 675m litres a year.

According to local reports yesterday (10 January), the company is planning to set up five plants, three of which will have a capacity of 200m litres, or 2m hectolitres.

The Vietnamese government is believed to be looking to reduce its stake in Sabeco this year. It plans to reduce its stake to 80%, with the remaining 20% going to Sabeco employees or private interests.

Two years ago, the Vietnamese government signed a deal with Anheuser-Busch on co-operation in the country's beer market.

The Vietnamese beer market has grown by around 15% over the last two years to 15m hectolitres and has attracted investment from SABMiller, Carlsberg and Asia Pacific Breweries.

Sectors: Beer & cider

Companies: Anheuser-Busch, SABMiller, Carlsberg

View next/previous articles

Currently reading -

VIETNAM: Sabeco to triple investment this year - report

There are currently no comments on this article

Be the first to comment on this article

Related articles

SWEDEN: Carlsberg shows interest in V&S

Carlsberg has shown an interest in Vin & Sprit, the makers of Absolut vodka, after the Swedish government sanctioned the sale of the wine and spirits company.

UK: SABMiller takes Peroni to France

SABMiller has lined up one of its international premium beer brands for release in the French market.

UK: S&N misses football, but set fair for FY 2007

Poor weather and the lack of football has hit Scottish & Newcastle's first half in the UK, but the brewer still expects to hit full-year expectations across the group.

just-drinks tagline

Not a member? Join here

Decrease font sizeDecrease font sizeDecrease font size Increase font sizeIncrease font sizeIncrease font size Comment on this article Email this to a friend Print this page