VIETNAM: Sabeco plans August IPO - report
Vietnam's largest brewer Sabeco is reportedly planning to sell 20% of its shares in an IPO.
"A public auction is projected in August, so when the firm becomes a share-holding entity, the state stake will account for 80%," general director Nguyen Quang Minh told the Vietnam Economic Times.
State-owned Sabeco holds around a third of Vietnam's fast-growing beer market,
Two years ago, the Vietnamese government signed a deal with Anheuser-Busch on co-operation in the country's beer market.
SABMiller has said that it expects the Chinese beer brand Snow, in which it owns a 49% share, to become the second biggest beer brand in the world this year....
SABMiller has been forced to pull a television advert in the UK after a complainant suggested the ad would appeal to under 18-year-olds....
Carlsberg has unveiled plans to increase its presence in Vietnam through a joint venture with Hanoi Beer & Beverage Corporation (Habeco) in the country....
Heineken, InBev and SABMiller have all been the subject of a ratings review by Dutch broker ING....
Carlsberg has refused to be drawn on speculation that it is to buy a majority stake in Parag Breweries in India....
Anheuser-Busch has declined to comment on press speculation linking it to a possible bid for its arch rival Budejovicky Budvar....
Carlsberg has lost a second CEO at its Italian unit in the space of nine months....
Plzensky Prazdroj has unveiled plans to increase its beer prices due to a rise in raw material costs....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts