VIETNAM: Sabeco plans August IPO - report
Vietnam's largest brewer Sabeco is reportedly planning to sell 20% of its shares in an IPO.
"A public auction is projected in August, so when the firm becomes a share-holding entity, the state stake will account for 80%," general director Nguyen Quang Minh told the Vietnam Economic Times.
State-owned Sabeco holds around a third of Vietnam's fast-growing beer market,
Two years ago, the Vietnamese government signed a deal with Anheuser-Busch on co-operation in the country's beer market.
SABMiller has said that it expects the Chinese beer brand Snow, in which it owns a 49% share, to become the second biggest beer brand in the world this year....
SABMiller has been forced to pull a television advert in the UK after a complainant suggested the ad would appeal to under 18-year-olds....
Carlsberg has unveiled plans to increase its presence in Vietnam through a joint venture with Hanoi Beer & Beverage Corporation (Habeco) in the country....
Heineken, InBev and SABMiller have all been the subject of a ratings review by Dutch broker ING....
Carlsberg has refused to be drawn on speculation that it is to buy a majority stake in Parag Breweries in India....
Anheuser-Busch has declined to comment on press speculation linking it to a possible bid for its arch rival Budejovicky Budvar....
Carlsberg has lost a second CEO at its Italian unit in the space of nine months....
Plzensky Prazdroj has unveiled plans to increase its beer prices due to a rise in raw material costs....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends