ZAMBIA: SAB subsidiary buys Coca-Cola bottler
South African Breweries has announced that its subsidiary, Zambian Breweries plc, has acquired Zambia's Coca-Cola bottler, Zambian Bottlers Ltd, for US$21.5m. SAB International's managing director for Africa and Asia, Andre Parker, said that the acquisition was " in line with our strategy of driving down unit costs by extracting synergies through the integration of beer and soft drinks operations."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo bags Facebook unit boss as director