ZAMBIA: SAB subsidiary buys Coca-Cola bottler
South African Breweries has announced that its subsidiary, Zambian Breweries plc, has acquired Zambia's Coca-Cola bottler, Zambian Bottlers Ltd, for US$21.5m. SAB International's managing director for Africa and Asia, Andre Parker, said that the acquisition was " in line with our strategy of driving down unit costs by extracting synergies through the integration of beer and soft drinks operations."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat