CANADA: SAB strengthens North American goals with Sleeman tie
The agreement could help pave the way for Sleeman and SAB breaking into the US market, as the Canadian has been allowed to sit in on talks SAB are currently having with potential US partners.
John Sleeman, chairman of Sleeman Breweries commented on the deal: "We're really excited about the deal because it means continued growth for the company and that's what our shareholders want. And it's fun taking away market share from big companies like Molson and Labatt," Sleeman said.
Mark Luce, managing director for Pilsner Urquell International said: "We are excited about the relationship with Sleeman and their ability to improve representation and distribution for Pilsner Urquell throughout Canada."
South African Breweries is the world's fourth largest brewery with 43 breweries in 20 countries.
Molson Coors is more likely than not to keep hold of its Brazilian operations because of the huge potential of the market there, an analyst has said. This is despite a run of poor results from the com...
Molson is to start production of Coors' Blue Moon beer for the US market from its Montreal brewery....
First quarter losses announced last week by Molson Coors are wider than originally reported, according to a recent filing....
Molson Coors Brewing Company disappointed investors yesterday by reporting a net loss for the first quarter of 2005. The company said that it had achieved higher consolidated net sales and sales volum...
Molson Coors Brewing Company said yesterday that Daniel J. O'Neill, Vice-chairman, synergies and integration and formerly president and CEO of Molson Inc, has chosen to leave the company May 31 of thi...
Heineken has its eyes on possible acquisitions in Latin America, according to the company's CEO....
Molson Canada has announced it has acquired Ontario microbrewery Creemore Springs Brewery Ltd. Established in 1987, the brewery in Creemore, Ontario, 120 kilometres northwest of Toronto, employs 50 pe...
Peter M. R. Kendall, chief executive officer of Coors Brewers Limited, the European business unit of Molson Coors Brewing Company, will retire from his post on 1 May....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015