SOUTH AFRICA: SAB may bid for UB stake if price is right
South African Breweries (SAB) has confirmed it may be interested in bidding for a stake in the Indian beer giant United Breweries (UB) under the right conditions. UB issued a statement earlier this month inviting SAB to make a bid for a minority stake in the company. A spokesman for SAB told just-drinks.com: "SAB are in India for the long haul and are always looking at opportunities."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Pernod Ricard's Allegro cost-saving programme
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Comment - Diageo's Distill Ventures: One Year On
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Wine Australia reports death of UK, Europe boss
- Diageo takes Haig Club to Singapore airport