US: SAB in talks for $5bn Miller acquisition
Intrigue surrounding the future of South African Breweries and Mller Brewing of the US has once more erupted with reports in today's Wall Street Journal that SAB is in exclusive negotiations to acquire Miller Brewing Co. from Philip Morris Cos. for about US$5 billion. The Wall Street Journal reports that people familiar with the matter said the discussions between the two concerns are at an advanced stage and they hope to finalise terms in the next few weeks.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- NPD in Alcoholic Drinks
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev shuts fourth Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Mallya stays chairman at Diageo's United Spirits