US: SAB in talks for $5bn Miller acquisition
Intrigue surrounding the future of South African Breweries and Mller Brewing of the US has once more erupted with reports in today's Wall Street Journal that SAB is in exclusive negotiations to acquire Miller Brewing Co. from Philip Morris Cos. for about US$5 billion. The Wall Street Journal reports that people familiar with the matter said the discussions between the two concerns are at an advanced stage and they hope to finalise terms in the next few weeks.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign