US: SAB gets clearance for Miller buy
South African Breweries (SAB) has received antitrust clearance from the Federal Trade Commission for its acquisition of Miller Brewing from Phillip Morris Cos. The FTC said Monday that it had granted an early termination of the waiting period required under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director