US: SAB confirms it is in talks over Miller
Miller Brewing is valued at around $5 billion but the current negotiations are thought to involve Philip Morris taking a substantial shareholding in a merged SAB-Miller group.
The merger of Miller and SAB would create the world's second-largest brewer, a heavyweight player that could compete with the world's biggest brewer, Anheuser-Busch, and other global brewing forces like Interbrew and Heineken. SAB owns the Pilsner Urquell brand, has 95% of the South African beer market and operations in China, Poland and Honduras.
Analysts have generally welcomed the idea of SAB merging with Miller. Investment Bank WestLB Panmure said that after such a merger, SAB would be deriving 30% of its EBIT from South Africa, as against the current 50%, reducing its exposure to emerging markets and the Rand.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Patrick Stokes, president and chief executive officer of Anheuser-Busch Companies, has said that the company's board of directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend....
Interbrew is launching its most aggressive consumer drive yet for its Stella Artois this summer. The company said that its 2005 marketing activity will be spearheaded by a value-added consumer promoti...
Berkshire Hathaway Inc., the holding company of billionaire Warren Buffett, has acquired a significant stake in Anheuser-Busch....
Interbrew UK has launched a new advertising campaign for Leffe....
Anheuser-Busch has threatened to stop buying rice from Missouri if the state allows genetically modified, drug-making crops to grow within its borders....
InBev has made an offer to acquire the remaining minority interests in its Russian business SUN Interbrew Ltd (SIL) that it doesn't own, at a price of US$33.41 in cash per security....
Anheuser-Busch has increased its economic interest in China's Tsingtao to 27% upon its conversion of all the remaining convertible bonds in Tsingtao....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages