PERU: SAB completes share offers for subsidiaries
Global brewer SABMiller has announced it is making simultaneous tender offers on the Lima Stock Exchange for all shares it does not already own in its listed Peruvian subsidiaries, and said the offers will close by 6 December 2006.
The companies involved are UCP Backus y Johnston, Cerveceria San Juan, Compania Cervecera del Sur del Peru, Industrias del Envase, Inmobiliaria Pariachi and Vidrios Planos del Peru.
The total cash consideration payable by SAB if all six offers are accepted in full will be approximately US$45m.
SABMiller has an effective economic interest of approximately 93.7% in UCP Backus y Johnston, 75.7% in Cerveceria San Juan, 84.5% in Compania Cervecera del Sur del Peru, 77% in Industrias del Envase, 80.4% in Inmobiliaria Pariachi and 98.7% in Vidrios Planos del Peru.
UCP Backus y Johnston is Peru's largest brewer, with leading brands including Cristal and Cusquena.
Last month (18 October), SAB made simultaneous tender offers for all the shares in its listed Ecuadorian subsidiaries, including Compañía de Cervezas Nacionales and Cervecería Andina, and all of the shares in its unlisted Ecuadorian subsidiary Agrilsa Agricola e Industrial.
Nils S. Andersen has overseen something of a turnaround at Carlsberg since taking over as president and CEO in 1999 but he is determined to keep his and the company's feet on the ground. Dean Best met...
One of SABMiller's directors has stepped down....
SABMiller has finally completed the sale of its Pepsi bottling operations in Costa Rica....
SABMiller's Colombian beer unit has been slapped with an antitrust probe in the country....
Diageo and SABMiller are pondering the break-up of Scottish & Newcastle, according to reports....
Tsingtao Brewery has posted an impressive leap in earnings for the second half of 2006....
Coca-Cola Amatil is gearing up for a venture into the alcoholic drinks segment...
South African Breweries (SAB) has announced plans to replace its existing 750ml 'quart' bottle with a returnable model....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Piper-Heidsieck agrees three-year Oscars tie-up
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets