PERU: SAB completes share offers for subsidiaries
Global brewer SABMiller has announced it is making simultaneous tender offers on the Lima Stock Exchange for all shares it does not already own in its listed Peruvian subsidiaries, and said the offers will close by 6 December 2006.
The companies involved are UCP Backus y Johnston, Cerveceria San Juan, Compania Cervecera del Sur del Peru, Industrias del Envase, Inmobiliaria Pariachi and Vidrios Planos del Peru.
The total cash consideration payable by SAB if all six offers are accepted in full will be approximately US$45m.
SABMiller has an effective economic interest of approximately 93.7% in UCP Backus y Johnston, 75.7% in Cerveceria San Juan, 84.5% in Compania Cervecera del Sur del Peru, 77% in Industrias del Envase, 80.4% in Inmobiliaria Pariachi and 98.7% in Vidrios Planos del Peru.
UCP Backus y Johnston is Peru's largest brewer, with leading brands including Cristal and Cusquena.
Last month (18 October), SAB made simultaneous tender offers for all the shares in its listed Ecuadorian subsidiaries, including Compañía de Cervezas Nacionales and Cervecería Andina, and all of the shares in its unlisted Ecuadorian subsidiary Agrilsa Agricola e Industrial.
Nils S. Andersen has overseen something of a turnaround at Carlsberg since taking over as president and CEO in 1999 but he is determined to keep his and the company's feet on the ground. Dean Best met...
One of SABMiller's directors has stepped down....
SABMiller has finally completed the sale of its Pepsi bottling operations in Costa Rica....
SABMiller's Colombian beer unit has been slapped with an antitrust probe in the country....
Diageo and SABMiller are pondering the break-up of Scottish & Newcastle, according to reports....
Tsingtao Brewery has posted an impressive leap in earnings for the second half of 2006....
Coca-Cola Amatil is gearing up for a venture into the alcoholic drinks segment...
South African Breweries (SAB) has announced plans to replace its existing 750ml 'quart' bottle with a returnable model....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020