UK: SAB completes Miller deal
South African Breweries (SAB) announced today that, following the approval of its shareholders at the EGM on 1 July and the receipt of satisfactory regulatory clearances, its acquisition of Miller Brewing from Philip Morris Companies has been completed. In a statement the company said: "Miller has now become a wholly owned subsidiary of SAB, and SAB has issued 430m new shares to Philip Morris, consisting of 234,948770 ordinary shares, which will be listed today and 195,051,230 unlisted, low voting participating shares."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit
- Mallya stays chairman at Diageo's United Spirits