UK: SAB completes Miller deal
South African Breweries (SAB) announced today that, following the approval of its shareholders at the EGM on 1 July and the receipt of satisfactory regulatory clearances, its acquisition of Miller Brewing from Philip Morris Companies has been completed. In a statement the company said: "Miller has now become a wholly owned subsidiary of SAB, and SAB has issued 430m new shares to Philip Morris, consisting of 234,948770 ordinary shares, which will be listed today and 195,051,230 unlisted, low voting participating shares."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman