UK: SAB aims at top ten slot for Pilsner Urquell
Pilsner Urquell owner South African Breweries yesterday unveiled the first international advertising campaign for the Czech beer. To be rolled out across markets in Europe and North America it will cost US$10m and is aimed at propelling the brand into one of the world's top ten brews. SAB said it was looking to continue the current brand growth of 30%, which was achieved in both of the last two years. Phil Plowman, marketing director at Pilsner Urquell International, aims to raise beer volumes to over 5m hectolitres from the current 1.1m hectolitres in the next eight years.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research