UK: Saatchi joins Portman Group campaign
The UK drinks industry watchdog The Portman Group has signed up the global advertising agency M&C Saatchi to produce a responsible drinking campaign for 2004.
In a press release the Portman Group said: "The partnership with M&C Saatchi will increase the capacity of the campaign allowing, for the first time, the development of a fully integrated and evaluated campaign aimed at 18-30 year-olds, running across cinema, television, press and outdoor media and through the licensed trade."
The Portman Group is currently running a national anti-drunkeness campaign, under the slogan "if you do do drink, don't do drunk".
The campaign launched its first cinema ads this autumn, screening them with showings of the Tarantino blockbuster "Kill Bill".
Jean Coussins, CEO of the Portman Group, said: "The partnership with M&C Saatchi will bring new creative ideas and massively increase the reach of our campaign, giving it an appeal to young adults up to the age of 30. We are delighted to be working with an agency with such a strong reputation for innovation and award winning campaigns."
In this month's Just the Answer interview, Marcus Grant, president of the alcohol policy think-tank, the International Center for Alcohol Policies (ICAP), discusses alcohol legislation, self-regulatio...
Diageo has backed the Portman Group in the battle against alcohol abuse in the UK....
Anheuser-Busch has countered attacks against the launch of its caffeine-infused B(E) beer....
The UK drinks industry is facing a triple-whammy of impending legislation that will fundamentally change the way alcohol is bought and sold over the next few years, according to market analysts Euromo...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research