UK/SA: SAAM Mountain Vineyards launches Comic Relief wines
SAAM Mountain Vineyards has lined up two wines for the UK market in conjunction with the Comic Relief charity.
The group of South African growers will launch Red Nose Red and Red Nose White in the country this weekend, hoping to raise up to GBP750,000 (US$1.1m) for the charity's annual Red Nose Day event.
Both from last year's vintage, Red Nose Red is a Pinotage Shiraz and Red Nose White is a Chenin Blanc. The wines, which carry artwork by Damien Hirst on the front label, carry an RRSP of GBP4.99 each, with GBP1 from the sale of each bottle being donated to the charity.
Retailers stocking the wines include Sainsbury's, Tesco, Morrisons, Somerfield, Waitrose, M&S and Booths in the run-up to Red Nose Day on 13 March.
Launched in 2007, SAAM Mountain Vineyards is made up of 40 South African growers who farm vineyards spread between Paarl to the Durbanville Hills in the country.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets